Mesa, AZ – 1-480-389-4575 – firstname.lastname@example.org
lukekarrys.com – github.com/lukekarrys – lukecod.es
Web Application Developer
I’m a web app developer who is at home anywhere in a project from the API to the UX. I enjoy diving deep into problems as part of a team and coming up with solutions that weigh the tradeoffs and commit to the best path forward.
My goal is to find a position that allows me to creatively solve problems and share my experience while continuing to learn and grow as a developer and person.
I’m happy with React and Node for building great web apps, but I’m open to any technology that allows me to create exceptional user experiences. I believe no detail is too small to try and get right. I’ve worked as a member of a distributed team for over 8 years and pride myself on my teamwork and diligent written and verbal communication.
Above all, I believe that software is about people.
Senior Software Engineer - GitHub – June 2021-Present
Worked on the npm cli
- Bugs, features, planning, pull requests and released
- Tailwind CSS
- React Native
Developed web applications for clients and internally using Node.js and a variety of frontend technologies
- Architected and developed migration of Heroku’s pricing application from jQuery to React and Redux
- Led React Native and Redux/Firebase development and deployment of a realtime video and chat app for prototype social network
- Led frontend development of multi-platform web app for CAA’s music clients to route worldwide tours
- Developed the frontend and parts of the API for the Node Security Platform’s public and admin interfaces
Frontend Developer – meltmedia – Feb 2011-Jan 2013
Developed frontend solutions for multiple teams creating marketing sites for Genentech and other clients
- Architected custom framework and plugins for shared use across all marketing sites with require.js
- Developed general use plugins for multi-platform analytics, DOM text highlighting, and push state navigation
Web/Game Developer – Jawa – Feb 2010-Feb 2011
Managed frontend development emphasizing code reuse and repeatable development and deployment patterns for 100+ marketing sites
- Managed a team creating frontend templates for a large stable of MVC data driven sites
- Worked as a team member writing full stack code (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS) for MVC websites
- Wrote custom tooling to ease developer experience in writing, managing, and deploying projects
- Developed game logic using AS3, PHP and JS to create isometric Flash games for deployment to Facebook
Web Developer – Mosaic Team – Feb 2008-Feb 2010
- Created custom season ticketing web application for local theaters
- Developed template editor for clients to customize off-the-shelf small business sites
University of Advancing Technology – Sep 2005-Dec 2008
Bachelor of Science (Cum Laude) in Software Engineering with an emphasis in Web Programming